Electrochemical Etching Station
The Etchmaster USB is an Electrochemical Etching station that uses an electric current to create identification, 2D barcodes and logo designs without distorting the work piece. The Electrochemical Etching station is often used in small to medium production of aerospace components where tight tolerances over surface treatment exist.
- Portable chemical etching system
- Uses an electric current to create a mark
- Able to create alphanumeric identification, Data Matrix codes and logo designs
- Often used for small to medium production of aerospace components
- Ideal where tight tolerances over surface treatments exist
- Often used in aerospace applications
The Etchmaster USB is an Electrochemical Etching station that uses an electric current to create identification, 2D barcodes and logo designs without distorting the work piece.
- Technical Data
Pryor’s Electrochemical Etching station is a very quick and easy to use etching system that creates a mark using an electric current. Controlled by PC software, the system is fully programmable and capable of creating many different mark designs, including alphanumeric data, Data Matrix codes and logos. The output voltage and waveform are completely selectable, allowing the user to tailor the output to the material being marked. This enables high contrast, high quality marks to be created on virtually all electro-conductive materials, regardless of surface hardness. The machine is even capable of creating white marks as desired for certain applications.
The Electrochemical Etching station is fully portable and can be supplied with a portable workbench for ease of storage that houses a lockable cabinet to secure the PC. The system requires minimal maintenance and is one of the most cost-efficient methods of marking at small to medium production rates.
Unlike many chemical etching machines, Pryor’s Electrochemical Etching system conducts both the AC and DC operations in one cycle, reducing process time. The time is also fully controllable by the operator.
This etching machine is often used in aerospace manufacture for component traceability as it is fully integrated with Data Matrix part marking software and does not deform the component being marked. This is particularly important in all applications with tight tolerances on surface treatment, such as marking very small pipes, shims and feeler gauges.
- Ideal for applications with strict tolerances on surface treatment as does not deform the component being marked
- Very quick and easy to use
- Fully programmable and capable of creating many different mark designs providing utmost flexibility
- High contrast and high quality marks
- Minimal maintenance required
- One of the most cost-efficient marking methods available
- Fully integrated with Data Matrix part marking software
- Powered using a single 110/220v supply
- USB Connectivity allowing download of settings from PC to unit
- DC & AC in one operation
- When using the AC cycle the anode and cathode are alternated around 50-60 cycles per second
- The area to be marked must be free from insulating surface treatments e.g. paint, anodising, etc.
- 6 to 30 Volts
- 0-10 Amps
- 0-30 Seconds
- Auto actuation output
- Peristaltic pump output for auto fluid delivery
- Visible and audible cycle completion
- Spark Suppression
- Windows based layout creation software
- Graphical and textual interfaces provide ease of use
- Support for all Windows based printers
- Support for Visual Basic scripting
- Graphical CAD file imports
- Flexible variable modes including serial numbering and time/date
- All True Type fonts supported as well as several vector formats